CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, December 4, 2009

Just 1

As I was setting in the doctors office this morning waiting for my appointment I decided to make use of the time and do some Bible reading. I got to read quiet a bit while I waited, and waited, and waited. I ran across the scripture below and it reminded me that God is God and there is no other.(Buddha, Muhammad, Joseph Smith, etc, are not God, they may be godsThere is only 1 True and Living God.


Isaiah 45: 5-12
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it. Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth? Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

God tells us here that he formed the light,the darkness,He made peace, and created evil,created man, He has stretched out the heavens. And we could go on and on. Is this not enough evidence there is a God, 1 true and living God.

But, I went on to search and see other scriptures to see if there were anymore that stated this. Little did I know that there were many that remind us that there is only 1 God. I am going to let you go look up most of the scriptures for yourself. I remember things better if I do them myself. This is only a few of the scriptures I found, there are many, many more.

Exodus 8:10
And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the LORD our God.

Deuteronomy 4:35
Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

Deuteronomy 4:39
Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else

2 Samuel 7:22
Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

And there are many more this is just a few to get you started.

2 Samuel 22:32,
1 Kings 8:60,
1 Chronicles 17:20,
Nehemiah 9:6,
Isaiah 37:20,
Isaiah 43:10,
Isaiah 44:6,
John 10:30,
Romans 3:30,

It is kinda like God is trying to tell us that He and He alone is the only God. I'm glad I know HIM, how about you?

In, With and Through Christ
Joan

1 comments:

Kathleen said...

First: I LOVE the purple!

It would seem today that we have revisited ancient times, when myriad gods abound. It both disturbs and blesses me. On the one hand, it is such an offense to the One and Only Creator. On the other hand, it's proof positive that His word is true & sure; His return so very near.

And every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!

Blessings,
Kathleen