CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 17, 2010

Fears

I am reading a book by Julie Clinton called "Extraordinary Women" that I got for Mothers Day and it is very good I must say. In this book I ran across a quote that I thought was very good and oh so true that I thought it was worth sharing with you. This quote is from Donna Claus who helps run a ladies retreat called No Fear Forwards which is a 4 day wilderness retreat to help women identify and relinquish their fears.

"The major problem I see is that life is not about us. When we think that we are the reason for life, we live in fear. When we want everything our way, we live in fear. If women can go away from these Forwards with one idea, it should be that 'life is not about me'. Only when we leave the lie behind can we live fearlessly with our God. God had to wrench that out of me. It was painful; it was horrendous. But once I realized that all that matters is God and His plan, I found the secret to fearlessness. The opposite of fear is faith."

After I read this I could not help but think of the scripture in II Timothy where God tells us He is not behind our fears.

II Timothy 1:6
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I don't know about you but God is still working on me.
Joan