CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, May 21, 2010

If ONLY...

Pslam 34:13-14
Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

This morning in our bible study we read the above scriptures in chapter 34 of Psalms. I know there is much in this Psalms, but verses 13& 14 is what has been on my mind since reading them earlier today.

I do believe if we had no other words to live by(I know we do however) these 2 verses speak should speak volumes to us. I know that they do me. If I practice these verses, and if the whole world could and would practice these verses what a better place this world would be. I know I am dreaming, but let me dream on. However, If only Gods people would put this to practice what could the church get done for HIM.

So, I am going to try to work harder to keep my tongue from evil, and by not speaking anything guile. (The dictionary describes guile as "insidious cunning in attaining a goal; crafty or artful deception"). Because the Bible commands it and it is pleasing into the Lord. And verse fourteen tells me I am to pursue peace, and if I do that I will depart from evil and do good.

So I leave you today trying to live closer to my Savior by applying what I have read in the Bible this morning, how about you?

In, With and Through Christ Alone

0 comments: