CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, May 14, 2010

Holding Hands

Two or more people voluntarily hold hands for one of the following reasons and purposes:

* in various rituals:
o handshake
o in certain religious services, to pray
o in various religious rituals
* to express friendship or love
* to enjoy physical intimacy (not necessarily of erotic character)
* for emotional support
* to guide (a child, a blind person, in darkness, etc.)
* to urge to follow
* to keep together (in a crowd or in darkness)
* to help the other walk, stand or climb up
* to dance
* to maintain one's balance
* to arm wrestle
* when crossing the street
* during a meal
* while sky diving
* to rescue in a dangerous situation:
o pulling someone to safety
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holding_hands

I have noticed lately that when Clayton goes down the steps in our split foyer house that he wants to hold your hand. Or when he gets out of the car in a parking lot he wants to hold your hand. Now, he is not old enough yet to be completely dependent upon himself or confident that he can do it alone. Each time he reaches his hand up for comfort or security it brings to my mind that is the way God is and how we should be with God.

Isaiah 42:6 I
I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee.....

Isaiah 41:13
For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

If I could only learn to be more dependent on God like my 2 year old grandson is when he needs steadying. It is just awesome to think of God holding my hand.Wow

In, With and Through Christ

1 comments:

chadandnikki said...

This was a perfect analogy. I'm way too independent for my own good.