CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's Scripture Day

So, I am so excited to finally share my scripture memorization with you. I was working on it as I was driving to Hickory Monday morning and could not wait to share it with you all. So here goes

Isaiah 41:9-10
Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, thou are my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away. Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee, yea, I will help thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

I was working on verse 9 Monday saying it over and over in my mind and got to thinking about what I was learning. Oh My! to think that God called me among all the people on the earth and that He chose me to be His child. THAT"S BIG, REAL BIG! I am still pondering on that, I can't get my mind around it, but Thank You Lord even if I can't understand it. And to go on a little bit farther he did not cast me away, He wanted me to be His Child. Then He goes on to tell me not to fear, that He is with me, don't get troubled because I am YOUR GOD. He will strengthen me and also help me. I wish I had the words to describe how these verses alone have touched my heart this week.

I don't know yet what I will try to memorize for Feb 1. For our newcomers to the blog we are trying to memorize scripture together on the 1st and 15th of every month. Then we are going to list the scripture that we have memorized and see how many different ones we can come up with. I saw this challenge on another blog and don't know where I saw it it, but I thought we could do it together anyway. So the next memorization date is Feb 1 and pick any scripture or scriptures.

Until we meet again,
Joan

2 comments:

Preachersgirl3491 said...

Ok, so this whole saying scripture to myself thing is going to work, I know that it is. When I run out of scripture that I can remember correctly I will sing the Lindsey version of I've got the joy, joy, joy down in my heart!

Jamie Lynn said...

The last part of your verse in isaiah.. I had to remember that once for bible study and I thought it was jjust amazing...

I missed this one.. But I'm going to remember one for Feb 1!