CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Anchor Holds

I have journeyed
Through the long, dark night
Out on the open sea
By faith alone
Sight unknown
And yet His eyes were watching me

CHORUS:
The anchor holds
Though the ship is battered
The anchor holds
Though the sails are torn
I have fallen on my knees
As I faced the raging seas
The anchor holds
In spite of the storm

Ive had visions
Ive had dreams
Ive even held them in my hand
But I never knew
They would slip right through
Like they were only grains of sand

CHORUS

I have been young
But I am older now
And there has been beauty
That these eyes have seen
But it was in the night
Through the storms of my life
Oh, thats where God proved
His love to me

I tried to find a you tube video that I liked, but couldn't so I am posting the lyrics. The choir sang this song tonight and Alan and I got some much needed help through it. I am so thankful that I am anchored with the true and living God.

Anchored,
Joan

1 comments:

Beth Herring said...

oh, I have always loved that song. The words are just so amazing and true!