CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hide Me, O Savior

A friend sent this to me today in an email. I thought it was worth sharing with you. It is from Adrian Rogers Love Worth Finding Daily Devotional.

Psalm 17:8 - “Keep me as the apple of the eye, ... hide me under the shadow of Thy wings.”

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Charles Wesley was walking through the woods on a stormy day when a lightning storm broke out and the rain began to come down in torrents. A bolt of lightning flashed and a little bird was so frightened that it flew down to Wesley and tried to hide in his coat. He was so moved by the scene that he wrote a song we often sing: “Jesus, lover of my soul, let me to Thy bosom fly, while the nearer waters roll, while the tempest still is high. Hide me, O my Savior, hide, ‘til the storm of life is past; safe unto the haven guide, O receive my soul at last.” That’s what our Lord does. He hides us, sustains us, and keeps us.

ACTION POINT:
Are the storms of life raging around you? Hide yourself in the dark clouds – they are just the shadow of His wing.

Joan

1 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a comforting thought!

I have long admired Adrian Rogers and his rock-solid Bible teaching. I was so sad to hear of his passing a few years back.

Thank you for sharing such a precious reminder.

Kathleen