CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Good versus Bad

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

I ran across this scripture last night and God broke my heart over something I have been dealing with for sometime. Although this scripture did not pertain to what I was seeking from God, He used this verse to speak to me in a way that I had been praying for months.Thank You God!!!

Amidst difficulty or heartache God does not mean what we go through to hurt or harm us. He means it for peace, hope and only for our good.
Genesis 50:20
But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.

In, With, Through Christ
Joan

2 comments:

chadandnikki said...

I have latched onto this verse lately. It's good to know that even the seemingly bad things are good in God's hands.

Jamie Lynn said...

This is my Mom's favorite verse.
It broke her heart once.
Every morning when I wake up I read that verse because I have a post of it on my wall.
What an awesome God we serve.
It takes a lot to realize that He does everything for our good.