CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Bible

I have been trying to spend more time in Gods word, reading it studying it , learning it, applying it, and memorizing it this year. My,my, how it is filled with riches untold anywhere else. I am leaning things, and reading things that I did not know was in there. In turn I am learning so much more about God, and the history of the events that have already taken place, about the attributes of God, about God's love and wrath, about how I am to live and love, and about the things to come. The list actually could go on and on. Sadly, I am learning more about myself, and I echo what Job said about himself in Job 42:6 "Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes."

There is just something about learning things on your on. You never forget those things or those lessons learned. Church is wonderful and every believer ought to go to a Bible Believing Church(God Commands it), Sunday School is great, Bible Studies are good, but they all have their place. Their is nothing like digging out Gods word for yourself. I'm not talking about just reading from cover to cover, although if that is how you read more power to you. I am talking about reading, studying, referencing, praying, meditating on a book,or a passage, or a scripture and then applying it to your life.

Why did I wait so many years before I really got in Gods word on a daily basis.(I am ashamed and have asked God to forgive me, but I regret wasting so much time, those days, years I can't relive). So I encourage you learn form my mistake, get in God's word to you "The Bible" and start studying it, learning, applying it, memorizing it. It will forever change who you are and make you more like Christ. Beloved, find some form of Bible Study that works for you and dig out what God is saying. After all we have more tools,resources accessible than any other time in history.

After all it is Gods love letter to us.
Joan

0 comments: