CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Longsuffering"

I have been thinking about "longsuffering" the last couple of days. Well I must admit that the Lord has been dealing with me on this a lot the last few days even though we are in Beech Mtn. getting some R&R. I know there are several places in the Bible that speak of God's longsuffering and I am suppose to be striving to be more like HIM each and every days so what does this mean for me. So I went to Gods word and got to studying this out this morning. I must say "Ouch".

Long-sufferings definition from the dictionary is "patiently enduring wrongs or difficulties".

Exodus 34:6
And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth
Numbers 14:18
The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression...
Ephesians 4:2
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Colossians 3:12 a
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,meekness,temperance: against such there is no law.,


Any fruit bearing plant, vine or tree does not produce fruit instantly. Although we are a new creature in Christ as soon as we get saved becoming more like Christ is a refining process. We should be becoming more like HIM. In essence we should be more like Him today, than yesterday, than last week, last year, or the day we got saved.

Let's take a look at Galatians 5:22-23 there are nine products here we want to take a look at. Because of what Christ did in our heart the day he saved us we have in our hearts love. Love produces joy, joy produces peace, peace produces longsuffering, longsuffering produces gentleness, gentleness produces goodness, goodness is the evidence of faith, faith produces meekness, and meekness produces temperance(self control).

And one final scripture
Psalm 86:15
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

If God is full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, plentous in mercy should not I also be these things in all situations with everyone. Whether it is at church, grocery store, in the work force, out shopping, or driving in my car, or just the privacy of my own home. We should not be working at producing fruit as any fruit bearing plant, it should just be happening because of our closeness with the Lord.

Well I have beared my heart with you today, and hope this helps you as much as it did me. Well I must sign off I have a nap to take,a hammock in the woods to relax in a little latter on tonight, a hot tub waiting me this aternoon, and a book to read. Have I made you jealous yet.

See You Wednesday night Calvary friends.
Joan

1 comments:

chadandnikki said...

Definitely jealous. Relazing is nice enjoy it. Oh, and that longsuffering thing. I'm way short on it. God's working on me though.