CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Why Is.....?

Alan, purchased me a new Bible and it came today. I Love It, I really, really do. I love the color of it, the feel of it. He has noticed(and even said I am a different person)that I am trying daily to spend time in God's word reading and praying and that it was for my spiritual growth. He said it was probably the most expensive and best bible I would ever own.I have been married long enough to know not to ask any more questions on the matter.

However, I was looking at the Bible and flipping through it and going over it really good and ran across a scripture that I so desperately needed today. My Bible Study for the day was all ready completed, but this scripture was what I needed and it will help me get through the rest of the day differently.

Job 21: 2
Hear diligently my speech, and let this be your consolations.

In other words keep listening to Gods word - the Bible - and His words, and let this be your comfort. So why is it that when we are alone doing whatever we may be doing, that we entertain thoughts, dwell on things, or for us women have conversations in our head with our spouses that they know nothing about. Guilty, today on many levels but God spoke to me in this verse and gave me what I need today to help keep my mind clean and not to dwell on things I need not be thinking about. God always comes through for us if we will only let HIM, right on time, exactly just what we need. What a God I serve.

Another verse I thought I would give you and have been trying to live by the last couple of days when I have thoughts of any kind that I should not be entertaining. And let's face it we all have them daily.

Phillipians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things

Until We Meet Again,
Joan

2 comments:

christina said...

found you thru the mooney's blog. This Oct. 8th our daughter would have been 1. We delivered her full term with T18 and gave her back to God Oct. 9. I read your post and i felt called to connect. Please share with your daughter and family that I will remember her and offer prayers for her heart and the heart of precious Johanna. Our Cana lived 27.5 hours, and we knew we would not get to "keep her here." but those hours were enough to show the world that every life counts! The pregnancy was long but felt God gave me and us the grace to continue showing the world that we are to FIGHT for these little lives He's entrusted to us. It's our vocation as parents to make sure these souls get back to Him...ours just went home a little sooner than we'd thought.

Praying for your strength.

chadandnikki said...

Woot for new super fly Bibles. Enjoy it. It really is a cool surprise when your hubs brings you a Bible. What color is it?